Your data, privacy and the law
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Annfield Plain Surgery
Practice Privacy Notice
How we use your medical records
This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record
- We do share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care services
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
What to do if you have any questions
Contact the practice’s data controller Christine Serifoglu via email address Data Controller.
GP practices are data controllers for the data they hold about their patients. Write to the data controller at:
Annfield Plain Surgery,
County Durham, DH9 7TD
Ask to speak to the Practice Manager Christine Serifoglu
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) for Annfield Plain Surgery is Liane Cotterill and she is based at NECS, Teesdale House, Westpoint Road, Thornaby, Stockton - on - Tees, TS17 6BL
Adobe Acrobat document [207.3 KB]
Commissioning, planning, risk straificat[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [203.7 KB]