Travel Advice

If you require any vaccinations for foreign travel you will need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements.  She will need to know which countries, and in some cases, areas within countries that you are planning to visit in order to give you the best advice.  There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below:



With increasing numbers of toursits returning from more exotic holidays, so too the number of people returning with tropical diseases is increasing. Find our how you can avoid the most common, and among the most deadly of these- Malaria - by clicking here.

How to apply for your free EHIC Card

If you are travelling within the European Community it is important that each person travelling has a vlaid EHIC card (previously called E111). This card will help you access health care much more easily should you need it while travelling.


Be careful when you are applying for this: some websites will charge you for their services in helping you to get your card but application is easy to do your self and is absolutely free.


Just follow this link on NHS Choices to find out how to do this.

Travel Clinic

It is important for you to make this initial appointment as early as possible, preferably at least 6 weeks before you travel as a second appointment will often be required with the practice nurse to complete the vaccination schedule.


Depending on where you are planning to travel some vaccines may need to be ordered in, and this can take a few days. 


Some travel vaccines may have to be ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge.  This is because travel vaccinations are not all included in the services provided by the NHS and additional charges apply.